Monday, June 7, 2010

Week Two

The weekend before I came out, I had a e-mail from Mr. A who I thought I was going to meet up with last week. Although that didn't happen, I got word from him this week and we met up at a nice cafe. It was really interesting as he broke down how the industry works over here. Had an hour something talk, and I found out that May is kind of a slow month for TV. Hopefully when things pick up in June and July, I will hear more from Mr. A about potential jobs. Overall I was quite happy with the meeting as it was really informative, and now working in LA seems a very plausible reality.

Continuing the networking trend, I had a couple lunches with some people I've worked with back in my previous company. What's amazing about the internet is that I've worked with these people for many years but have never met them until now.

Perhaps the most immediate gratification I've had was finding out how cheap you can find good food here in LA. Special mentions goes out to the Thai boat noodles in Thai Town (Hollywood), especially the ones from Sapp.

Semi-productive week, 2 more contacts I still need to get in touch with. We'll see what next week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment