Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Onwards to LA!

Hollywood, the mecha of film and television. For all of us who have had any passing interest in working in the industry, there is always that voice in the back of our heads that whispers how we need to make it in Hollywood. All of my editor coworkers all say they plan on trying Hollywood sometime, although I'm not quite confident they'll be so keen on that when "sometime" means 10 years later after they've already settled in on wife, kids, and mortgages.

For me though, that time is now. I told my boss that after we finished our current project, I planned on moving out here. So the past few months I've worked out the logistics (place to stay, car, costs) and now I'm standing on my patio overlooking sunny skies and palm trees. Scared, nervous, and excited, it's time for a new chapter in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment