Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week One

Getting your foot in the door is the hardest thing to do in the film industry. All of the real jobs are never listed on craigslist or other job boards, and contrary to what Cinderella stories you may hear of from movies or your film school, the film industry is all about working your way up. Since I never directly worked on a Hollywood feature film or tv show, I was going to have to start at the bottom again. Which means it's time to hustle and network.

Before coming out here I promised myself I'd have at least 3 post production contacts. This first week I haven't heard back from any of them. My roommate and ex-coworkers tell me to relax and just transition into living in LA. I think it might be a while before the Sunny California lifestyle sits comfortably with me. On a brighter note, I got a music video editing gig from one of the job boards which starts later on this week. Most of the posted stuff like that are low pay and low budget, but something is better than nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment